Patios and walkways can increase your curb appeal with added color, texture, and vibrancy, as well as add value to your property and make it more inviting. Pathways can be used to lead guests to outdoor entertaining areas, provide access to outdoor gardens, and direct them to outdoor pools.
Which Materials Are Best For Your Patios Or Walkway?
There are a variety of walkway materials to choose from. Choosing a material is a matter of personal preference, cost, durability, installation, and design. Choose a finish that fits seamlessly with your landscaping and considers your current aesthetics.
- Natural stone
- Gravel or aggregate stone
Concrete Walkways Add Curb Appeal
New decorative options make concrete a popular choice for outdoor walkways and pathways. Colors include over 30 premixed and 15 stained options. Concrete walkways are usually made in one of two ways.
1) Poured concrete has a smooth, seamless, patternless, and even finish.
2) Concrete pavers come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and textures.
Popularity Of Natural Stone Pathways
There’s nothing like the beauty of natural stone walkways. Stone pavers work well in both formal and casual landscapes. These surfaces are available in granite, marble, limestone, travertine, and slate. Their shapes and sizes range from rectangular to square, and the finishes range from rough to polished.
Classic Brick Pathway
Bricks have a classic timeless look that will last for generations. Choosing clay bricks is a low-maintenance, eco-friendly option. Compared to other patio materials, they are highly durable, offer different colors and patterns, and are easier to repair.
Gravel For Patios
For patios and garden seating areas, gravel is an attractive, long-lasting, and economical choice. From gold to tan to rust, gravel comes in a variety of colors. The gravel can also be mixed for a custom look.
Stepping Stone Walkway Ideas
Discover unique hardscape pathway designs with stepping-stone ideas ranging from modern to rustic. In addition to being durable, they are relatively cost-effective, easy to install, and practically maintenance-free. If you are planning a landscape renovation, you will find a variety of stepping-stone designs to inspire you.
- Natural Stone — create the feel of an English garden in your backyard with this concrete pathway that looks like natural stone.
- Blu Grande — This stepping stone boasts a smooth texture and is available in six different colors, making it a favorite among contemporary design enthusiasts.
- Borealis — This stepping stone has the appearance of natural wood and is indistinguishable from real wood.
- Travertine Raw slab — This stepping stone provides a smooth surface and travertine-inspired texture, as well as neutral colors and versatility.
Things to Consider Before Choosing A Walkway Material
- Does it have a high volume of traffic?
- Does it lead directly to your front door?
- Is it in the front yard or the back yard?
- Will it be used to roll trash cans or gardening equipment?
Advantage Landscape 3D Design Services
Advantage Landscape in Las Vegas offers 3D design services so you can see what your patio or walkway will look like before installation begins. With our experienced installers, you can create a beautiful, custom patio or walkway that reflects the personality of your property. Get in touch with us to begin your project.